Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nuggets of Wisdom

I just want to take a few minutes and reflect over some of the Godly wisdom that has come my way this week during services that I have attended.

First of all, I am always amazed when two different people (unknowingly) end up speaking about the same thing. Sunday morning, our Pastor talked about the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from Daniel chapter 3. Tonight I was blessed to be able to go with our State Women's Ministry Director (and friend) to a service she was preaching at. She also talked some about this same story. I want to share some of the things they shared.

One of the most encouraging things to me about this story is that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were not alone when they were in the fire. When the heat was on, they stood their ground and the Lord stood with them.

There are three nuggets of wisdom to remember from this story:
1. My circumstances don't change who God is.
2. My circumstances don't change God's power.
3. My circumstances don't change the final outcome.

In the end, the King decided that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego's God was the real God, not the golden idol he had built.

The other thing that I was sincerely blessed by tonight was parts of Psalm 46.

Psalm 46
Amplified Bible (AMP)
1. GOD IS our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.
2. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains be shaken into the midst of the seas,
3. Though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling and tumult. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
4. There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.
5. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her right early [at the dawn of the morning].
6. The nations raged, the kingdoms tottered and were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
7. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our Fortress and High Tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
8. Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations and wonders in the earth.
9. He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow into pieces and snaps the spear in two; He burns the chariots in the fire.
10. Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
11. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our High Tower and Stronghold). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

Verse 5 blessed me. Although I realize that this verse is referring to a river and not a human, I am so blessed to see a verse like this that I can stand on. I can claim that God is in my midst and I will not be moved!!!

The last thing that truly blessed me goes right along with the same message. God is our refuge and our Strength... He is there for us all the time. One statement that was made tonight was that God told our Women's leader "Let me hold your worries while you take your stand". That blessed me so much. The Lord is here for us and wants to help us as we stand for Him.

I know this post has some randomness to it, but I pray that some part of it will help you in your journey this week. Stand for Christ and know that he has your back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment