Monday, April 9, 2012

Friendship

Growing up I never had many friends. I can probably count on one hand the number of true friends I had as a kid and still think about to this day. Honestly I was not a normal kid I don't think. The majority of the people that I considered friends were not peers. The people that I was closest to growing up were adults. I'm not sure why, but that just seemed to be how it worked out.

Recently God has blessed me with a new friend. Someone who is a fabulous Women of God. What makes this friendship different? First of all, for reasons I don't understand, I do believe that the Lord placed this person in my life. I say for reasons I don't understand because I still have a hard time believing that someone can actually care about me and that I am not annoying them when I call or cry on their shoulder! :) But that is a personal flaw that the Lord is working through with me.

Proverbs 13:20 says: "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm".

Proverbs 27:9 says: "The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense."

Having someone who has a heart for the Lord to talk to and pray with has changed my life. She is wise beyond her years and is always willing to give heartfelt counsel.

I say all of this to encourage each of you to find someone who is Godly cousel and wise to be a part of your life. The prayers of friends can change your life. I know they have changed mine. Matthew 18:19 says: "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." God can hear and answer the prayers of a single person, but the stereo sound of two in prayer together really get's His attention.

Who are your friends and what impact are they having on your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment