Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Goodreads Value and a Free Book Sample

A while back I decided that I was going to start reading more books than I had before. A friend of mine invited me to join goodreads. I joined just to see what it was and I did like seeing what other people were reading.

Beyond that, I really didn't see much value in it. That is until a few months ago. One of the first books I read (and posted on goodreads) was Redeemed: Embracing a Transformed Life, by Kerry Clarensau. I posted a book review on the book here on the blog if you would like to go back and read it. This book is truly a life changer if you let it sink in!

I also had read and posted on goodreads Love Revealed: Experiencing God's Authentic Love and Secrets: Transforming Your Life and Marriage both by Kerry Clarensau as well. Secrets I have not finished reading yet, but Love Revealed and Redeemed were read and rated on the site.

A few months ago, I was contacted through goodreads by someone who works at MyHealthyChurch which is the publisher for those books. She said that she had noticed my interest in those books and offered to send me The Jesus-Hearted Woman by Jodi Detrick to read and review for free as an e-book. That was a great deal for me because I was planning on reading it anyway. After I finish, I will post a review here of that book as well. That was enough for me to be convinced that goodreads was worth the effort.

After the first of the year, this same contact at MyHealthyChurch emailed me again and asked me if I was the blogger she had talked with previously about posting a sample of Redeemed on my blog. I told her that I was not the person she had talked with, however, I would love to do that if she was looking for others too also! She said that was great and sent me a pdf of the first chapter of the book.

So, if you are wondering about Redeemed here is your chance to read a sample of it. This sample includes the Forward, Introduction, and Chapter 1. Click on the image below to view the book sample.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8qxeX2tswAFRWQ1VG90Ulk1VDg/edit?usp=sharing


I had my doubts about the value of goodreads, but I'm convinced now, it's worth the few minutes it takes to add the books you are reading and leave some ratings. Enjoy this sample and if you would like to purchase the book to read the rest of it, the information to do so is at the bottom of my previous book review.

UPDATE: January 21, 2014 - This book is only $1.99 through February 2 as an eBook!!

2 comments:

  1. I really have wondered what the point of Goodreads was. I have been thinking about starting an account, but I really didn't see the value. Now I do and I will finally login...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really didn't see the point either, but really, you don't have to post a lot on there. You can just take a minute when you finish a book to post it as read and to rate it and make a few comments about it. I NEVER expected a publisher to randomly contact me to offer me anything. :)

      Delete