Friday, January 10, 2014

Growth Requires Challenges

I have been thinking a lot lately about my life journey. The good, the bad, and everything in between. While I am trying each and every day to live in the present and not dwell on the past, short times of reflection can be helpful. What is standing out to me at the moment are the ways that the Lord has challenged me and helped me grow closer to who He wants me to be.

Here is my list of ways I can currently think of that He has helped me to grow in Him.
  1. Worship Music
  2. Scripture
  3. Prayer
  4. Working in the Ministry
  5. Books
  6. Friends
  7. Life situations that seem impossible
  8. People who seem impossible
  9. My son
  10. My husband
I might could name more and I definitely could be more specific but I won't do that today.

The point is, God can use just about anything to help us to become the people that He created us to be. He can use the ordinary, every day things, or the not so ordinary, seemingly impossible things, to challenge us in our faith, our patience, and our endurance.

When we face the impossible, God is asking us to not only trust Him but to actively pursue Him. He is asking us to seek Him for solutions and praise Him even when you see none. 

What is God doing to challenge you? What are you doing in response?

No comments:

Post a Comment