Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Perfect Peace

In a world full of so much pain and trouble, it is hard to imagine "Perfect Peace". Does that really exist? Well, I believe every word that is in the Bible, so YES, it’s real.

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. - Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV)

What exactly is perfect peace?

Perfect peace does NOT mean that your troubles will disappear. It does NOT mean that life will be easy. It does NOT mean that even more trials than you face now will not come your way.

So what does it mean? I am going to be honest; this is a promise in the Word that I am trying to hold onto. It isn’t easy when life is beating you up to believe that you can have peace at all, much less perfect peace.

Isaiah 26:3 says that if I keep my mind focused on God and TRUST HIM, He will give me perfect peace. Peace won’t come from worrying or wondering, it will come from TRUSTING in the Lord.

This post is not me telling you that I have attained the level of Trusting that provides this kind of peace. I don’t feel peaceful most of the time. However, it is me reminding myself to stop worrying and start TRUSTING again.

If you look up the definition of "peace" you don’t find a feeling. You find a state of being. So whether I FEEL at peace or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the promise that God will give me perfect peace:
  • A state of tranquility or quiet
  • A state of security or order
  • Freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
  • Harmony in personal relations

No comments:

Post a Comment