Saturday, April 23, 2016

Postpartum Baby Blues

In the baby/pregnancy world online you can't get too far without running into someones thoughts and advice on postpartum depression and baby blues. This is not one of those posts. Why? Because I have no advice to give.

So why would I even take the time to post anything on the topic? Well, because right now, I am all about being real. The truth is, I am fairly sure I am dealing with some form of baby blues. Not sure if it is just the blues or full on postpartum depression, but it is something.

Instead of pretending that I have it all together (I don't) and that everything about being a second time mom to a precious baby girl is all roses and dandelions (it isn't), I am just gonna leave this blog post here as a place to hopefully just start some discussion.

I am not looking for sympathy or for "it's all gonna be ok" from anyone. I am looking for real, honest discussion on the issue from women just like me all across the online world.

Through church, women's ministry, and the women blogging communities I have been blessed to be a part of, I understand that there is power in communities of women. There is strength in hearing other people's stories. You don't have to always have an answer for someone. Just sharing your story and letting others know they are not alone (or crazy) can be the difference that changes lives!

So, how about it? Do you have a postpartum experience that you would be willing to share? Leave a comment and share your story.

1 comment:

  1. First off, she is precious. Second, you are not alone!! I suffered through Postpartum Anxiety with my first. I let it go one for 7 months before I finally sought help. My advise, just go talk to your health care professional about what you are feeling. Once I finally decided to take action, I forced myself into participating in church events and regularly seeing my doctor. It has helps in so many ways. Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete