Monday, May 7, 2012

Change is Coming...Ready or Not!!

Life is full of changes, both good and bad. It is just part of living. If things stop changing, you aren't living anymore. How we handle change can make a huge impact on our lives and the lives of those around us.

It's graduation season. Many high school seniors are getting ready to walk across their graduation stage and cross over into an entirely different part of life. Some will go on to college while others will join the workforce. Either path will be vastly different than going to the same classes in the same building with the same people every single day.

Going back to school after being married and having a child creates its own unique circumstances. Everything from paying for college, to finding time for everyone and everything, to finding time for myself. There just aren't enough hours in the day for everything and somewhere along the way someone has to give something up. Now that I am getting to the end of this part of my life, there are so many decisions that I need to make. Looking to the future is just as scary or maybe even more so than it was when I graduated high school. You see, as a non-traditional student, married with a child, any decisions about my future affect at least two other people. I have to consider my husband and my child, it isn't just about me. With student loans as a way to finance my education, I need to make more money. I need to figure out how to pay the extra bills that we will have because of me graduating.

So for now, maybe I'll just have a little more free time (although I have some projects in mind already that I want to do), but very soon, everything will be changing. I can feel it in the air already, I just don't know what is coming. I am praying for guidance for my family as we move on the next stage of our lives. While looking for a better paying job is probably the first step, I feel like there could be an opportunity here for the Lord to use me and my husband in a different way than before. The Lord knows what we need to get the bills paid and I fully trust that He will lead and guide us in the direction that we need to be going in.

While change is inevitable, it is important that when change is on the horizon, we stand firm in the Lord. Lucky for us, He will never change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! That eases my worries a lot. To know that there is one thing in my life that will never, ever change, helps me get through each day.

If you are going through a change in your life, hold fast to the promises of the Lord. He will guide you and direct your path and He is the one who already knows where your path is heading. Lean on Him and let Him lead you!

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment